This is working at EPI – connecting people, creating opportunities, and nurturing growth.
Exceptional Persons, Inc. (EPI) is a FIVE-TIME recipient of the Employer of Choice designation. Employees nominate organizations in the Cedar Valley for this honor.
Join us! We have entry-level and positions for those more experienced as Direct Support Professionals available for full-time and part-time on 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift for people looking to make a difference in the lives of persons with disabilities.
This is a Retention Bonus Eligible Position!*
Working for EPI has its benefits. Many benefits.
Full benefits are offered for full-time positions (30+ hours/week)
- Advance your career through our career advancement program. As you complete each certification, you'll advance to a new position with a $1.00 per hour increase in pay.
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance plans (even pet insurance!)
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick, and personal time offered)
- 401(k)** employer match up to 6% (also available to part-time employees) and flex spending plan
- Employee Assistance Program with access to free counseling, legal, financial and elder care consultation
- Flexible schedules (We offer full-time and part-time opportunities on 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift, even weekend-only options. See details below.)
- Paid training
- Immediate employee discounts (vehicle repair, gym memberships, and more!)
This is what you'll get to do. Real career. Real purpose.
- Build life-long relationships with people
- Help people connect to their community and their individual interests (e.g. attending concerts, going to the movies, playing sand volleyball, backyard cookouts, shopping, and more!)
- Work as a team to teach new life skills and identify unique, creative ways to support people in skills to gain greater independence (e.g. meal prep, laundry, cleaning, decorating)
- Support persons in health and wellness goals (this could include walks outside, bike riding, hikes, learning about healthy eating and lifestyles, and more)
- Encourage and assist self-advocacy (e.g. assisting someone to speak on his/her own behalf and developing relationships)
- Continuously learn and grow
As a Direct Support Professional, you will experience personal GROWTH opportunities through career advancement and CONNECT to a community that leads a greater PURPOSE in mentoring individuals with Intellectual and Mental Disabilities in supporting their personal success.
Here's what we're looking for. What are you waiting for? Apply today!
- Dependability. Attend work as scheduled. Complete responsibilities, tasks, and trainings within assigned timelines.
- Integrity. Doing what's right. Trustworthy. Able to comply with all agency and regulatory standards. Maintain standards of confidentiality (HIPAA) and ethical practice.
- Communication. Demonstrate effective communication skills both written and verbal. Able to document work as trained.
- Computer Familiarity. Able to browse internet, use email and electronic health record system (training provided).
- Committed to inclusion and building relationships. Respecting others.
- Passion for serving others
In this profession you get to do a little bit of everything. Take a look if you've ever considered teaching, healthcare, or customer service. There is variety every day.
- High school diploma or a GED
- 18 years old or older
- This position requires a valid driver's license, auto insurance, a good driving record, a reliable vehicle and the ability to pass an extensive background check, including checks of the Dependent Adult and Child Abuse registries, the Sex Offender registry, and a criminal history check
Preferred but not required; own a cell phone with active plan to make and receive phone calls and text messages.
- Shift Availabilities:
- Weekdays and every other weekend; 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Wages: $14.50 - $17.00 (awake) $9.00 (asleep) Wages are dependent upon experience
Click here to view a realistic job preview.
Post job offer drug screen required.
EPI is an equal opportunity employer.
Real Career! Real Purpose!
*$490.25 or $980.50 Retention Bonus eligible after training period.
**Must be 21 and older to participate in 401(k) program.